Upcoming Chinese Movies of 2023: We have the ultimate list of upcoming Chinese films for 2022, 2023, and beyond, complete with release dates, star-studded cast and crew, directors, financiers, budgets, box office collections, trailers, teasers, posters, first looks, and more. Everything you need to know is right here in one place, so you can plan your movie nights or queue up your streaming apps in advance. Discover which Chinese movies will hit theaters and which ones will be available on popular OTT platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, or Disney+ Hotstar. Don’t miss out on these exciting new additions to Chinese cinema – check out our list now!
Discover the Latest Chinese Movies of 2023
Following the success of the popular Chinese animated film “New Gods: Yang Jian,” another homegrown 3D animated movie, “The Frog Kingdom: Extreme Games,” is set for a nationwide release on September 10th, coinciding with the Mid-Autumn Festival. This film is the third installment in the “The Frog Kingdom” franchise, which debuted nine years ago and has won numerous awards for its screenplay and visual effects.
“The Frog Kingdom: Extreme Games” revolves around the efforts of the Frog Princess to win a skateboarding competition. The indomitable spirit of sportsmanship is highlighted in the film, along with comedic elements that are sure to entertain audiences. With the recent success of summer releases at the box office, grossing over 9.1 billion yuan (1.32 billion US dollars), a 22.7 percent increase compared to the same period last year, anticipation is high for this upcoming Chinese movie.
Details of Upcoming Chinese Movies of 2023
|Details of Upcoming Chinese Films
|Upcoming Chinese Movies 2023
Exploring the Most Awaited Chinese Movies of 2023
Upcoming Chinese Movies of 2023 have gained immense popularity worldwide, particularly in the United States. With a diverse range of genres, from blockbusters to independent films, Chinese cinema has something for everyone. Here are our top 13 picks for upcoming Chinese movies that you should mark on your calendars and catch on the silver screen:
- Dying to Survive – Based on a true story, this film follows the journey of a leukemia patient in China who resorts to smuggling cheap cancer drugs from India, sparking a debate on the cost of cancer healthcare.
- The Wandering Earth – A science-fiction epic, this action-packed movie portrays a future where Chinese people work together to steer Earth away from the dying sun and into a new star system.
- Return to Dust – Set in the remote desert region of Gansu, this 2022 film follows the struggles of two poor farmers dealing with various issues pertinent to rural China.
- Little Big Women – A poignant drama about a mother and her three daughters navigating life together and dealing with the emotional aftermath of their husband/father’s sudden death.
- An Elephant Sitting Still – A critically acclaimed film that explores the lives of four individuals in an unnamed industrial city as they grapple with social issues, personal struggles, and economic hardship over the course of a day.
- The Battle at Lake Changjin – An epic war film based on a crucial battle between US and Chinese forces during the Korean War, leaving a significant impact on Chinese history.
- Last Train Home – A moving documentary that follows the story of immigrant workers in China who can only return home intermittently, and their daughter who must forge her own path in life.
- Nezha – The highest-earning animated film in China, based on a 16th-century book, this colorful fantasy film tells the story of the devil child Nezha as he uncovers his true nature and identity in the supernatural realm.
- One Child Nation – A raw chronicle of the social impact of China’s One Child Policy on families, exploring the complexities and realities of love, family relationships, and duties.
- Ascension – This visually stunning film delves into the clash of commercialism and “The Chinese Dream” across 51 locations in China.
- Dear Ex – A complex family drama involving a gay father, his boyfriend, his wife, and their son, after the father’s death, the remaining family members navigate emotional challenges and complicated relationships.
- Better Days – A powerful and hopeful film that sheds light on the harsh realities of school bullying, following the struggles of a bullied high school student and her relationship with a local petty criminal, sparking a national conversation about mental health support for youth.
- Hi, Mom – A heartwarming film about a daughter who magically travels back in time to meet her mother as a young woman after her mother’s death, and has a chance to become her mother’s best friend and impact her own future.
These Upcoming Chinese Movies of 2023 offer a diverse range of stories, genres, and themes, showcasing the rich and vibrant world of Chinese cinema that continues to captivate audiences worldwide. Don’t miss out on these highly anticipated films!