Assam PSC Exam Syllabus 2023: Candidates who are preparing for Assam PSC Exam 2023 can find the Detailed wise Syllabus for this Government Exam 2023 in PDF format from this article. We also include the Detailed Examination Pattern of 2023. Hence, aspirants across India who hope to prepare for Assam PSC Exam 2023 can find the Assam PSC Sarkari Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF Syllabus in this article.
Bookmark this article (CTRL+D) so that you can check whenever an Assam PSC Syllabus 2023 is provided.
Assam PSC Exam Syllabus 2023
- General Studies:
- Indian History, Culture, and Heritage
- Geography of India and Assam
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Economic and Social Development
- Environmental Studies
- Current Events and Issues
- English Language and Comprehension:
- Grammar and Usage
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing Skills
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Systems
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Data Interpretation
- Reasoning and Mental Ability:
- Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning
- Logical and Analytical Abilities
- Assam Specific Knowledge:
- Assam History, Culture, and Traditions
- Geography of Assam
- Assam Economy
- Current Affairs related to Assam
- Optional Subjects (for specific positions):
- Depending on the position you are applying for, there may be additional subject-specific papers related to your field of expertise.
Please keep in mind that the actual syllabus and topics may vary based on the specific recruitment notification and the position you are applying for within the APSC. It’s essential to check the official APSC website or the latest recruitment notification for precise and detailed information about the syllabus for the APSC exam you are interested in.
Additionally, consider referring to textbooks, study materials, and previous years’ question papers to prepare effectively for the exam.
Assam PSC Exam Pattern 2023
The Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) exam pattern for 2023 may vary depending on the specific position and recruitment notification. However, I can provide you with a general idea of the common components that are typically found in APSC exam patterns:
1. Preliminary Examination (if applicable):
- The preliminary examination is often the first stage of the selection process.
- It is conducted to screen and shortlist candidates for the main examination.
- The preliminary exam typically consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Subjects covered may include General Studies, English Language, Mathematics, and Assam-specific knowledge.
2. Main Examination:
- The main examination is a more comprehensive and in-depth test of candidates’ knowledge and skills.
- It may consist of multiple papers, each focusing on specific subjects related to the position.
- The main subjects often include General Studies, English, and Assam-specific knowledge.
- Some positions may have optional subject papers related to the candidate’s field of expertise.
3. Interview (Viva Voce):
- Candidates who qualify in the main examination are usually called for an interview or viva voce.
- The interview assesses candidates’ personality, communication skills, and suitability for the role.
4. Document Verification:
- After successfully completing all stages of the selection process, candidates are typically required to undergo document verification to confirm their eligibility and credentials.
5. Negative Marking (if applicable):
- Some APSC exams may include negative marking, where marks are deducted for incorrect answers. Be sure to check the marking scheme in the specific recruitment notification.
6. Assam Language Proficiency Test (if applicable):
- For certain positions, candidates may need to pass a language proficiency test in Assamese or another regional language if required.
Please note that the exact exam pattern, the number of papers, and the subjects covered can vary significantly depending on the specific recruitment notification and the position you are applying for within the APSC. Always refer to the official APSC website or the latest recruitment notification for the most accurate and detailed information regarding the exam pattern for the APSC exam you are interested in.
Additionally, it’s essential to prepare thoroughly for each stage of the selection process and focus on the subjects and skills relevant to the position you are applying for.
Assam PSC Exam Section Wise Marks
The allocation of marks for each section in Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) exams can vary depending on the specific exam and the position for which you are applying. However, I can provide you with a general guideline on how marks are typically distributed across sections in APSC exams:
- Preliminary Examination (if applicable):
- The preliminary exam may consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Marks distribution can vary but may include subjects like General Studies, English Language, Mathematics, and Assam-specific knowledge.
- The overall marks for the preliminary exam can range from 100 to 200 marks.
- Main Examination:
- The main examination often consists of multiple papers, and each paper may carry a specific weightage.
- Common papers may include General Studies, English, and Assam-specific knowledge.
- The marks for each paper can vary but typically range from 100 to 300 marks per paper.
- Optional Subject Papers (if applicable):
- If the exam includes optional subject papers, each optional paper may carry a specific weightage, typically ranging from 100 to 300 marks per paper.
- Interview (Viva Voce):
- The interview or viva voce is usually scored separately.
- The marks for the interview can range from 50 to 200 marks or more, depending on the position and the interview panel’s evaluation.
- Total Marks:
- The total marks for the entire selection process, including the preliminary exam, main exam, optional papers (if any), and interview, can vary but often range from 500 to 800 marks or more, depending on the position.
Please keep in mind that these are approximate mark distributions, and the specific marks allocated to each section can vary from one APSC exam to another. It’s crucial to refer to the official recruitment notification for the specific exam you are interested in to determine the marks distribution and the marking scheme used.
Additionally, remember that the marks for each section are often used to calculate the final merit list and determine the selection of candidates for various positions within the APSC. Therefore, it’s essential to prepare thoroughly for each stage of the selection process and focus on the subjects and skills relevant to the position you are applying for.
Assam PSC Exam Books To Be Prepared
To prepare effectively for Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) exams, you’ll need the right study materials and books that cover the relevant subjects and topics. Here are some recommended books and study materials for various sections commonly found in APSC exams:
1. General Studies:
- “Indian Polity” by M. Laxmikanth
- “Indian Economy” by Ramesh Singh
- “Certificate Physical and Human Geography” by Goh Cheng Leong
- “General Knowledge” by Manohar Pandey
- Assam-specific books for current affairs and history
2. English Language and Comprehension:
- “Word Power Made Easy” by Norman Lewis
- “High School English Grammar and Composition” by Wren and Martin
- English newspapers and magazines for reading comprehension practice
3. Quantitative Aptitude:
- “Quantitative Aptitude” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Fast Track Objective Arithmetic” by Rajesh Verma
- “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by Abhijit Guha
4. Reasoning and Mental Ability:
- “A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Analytical Reasoning” by M.K. Pandey
- Practice books on logical and analytical reasoning
5. Assam Specific Knowledge:
- Assam-specific books on history, culture, and geography
- “Assam Year Book” or similar publications for current affairs related to Assam
6. Optional Subjects (if applicable):
- For optional subject papers, refer to textbooks and study materials relevant to your chosen subject. APSC provides details on optional subjects in their recruitment notifications.
7. Interview Preparation:
- Brush up on current affairs, including both national and Assam-specific topics.
- Practice mock interviews and participate in group discussions.
- Develop communication and presentation skills.
8. Previous Years’ Question Papers: It’s highly recommended to practice with previous years’ question papers and sample papers specific to APSC exams. This will help you get a feel for the exam pattern and the types of questions asked.
Please note that the specific books you choose may vary depending on the position and the subjects covered in the APSC exam you are preparing for. Always refer to the official recruitment notification for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the syllabus and exam pattern.
In addition to these books, consider enrolling in coaching classes or online courses if they are available and suit your learning style. Consistent practice, revision, and time management are key to success in APSC exams.
Assam PSC Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to the Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) exam syllabus and exam pattern:
1. What is the Assam PSC exam, and why is it conducted?
- The Assam PSC exam is conducted by the Assam Public Service Commission to recruit candidates for various positions within the Assam state government. It is conducted to fill government job vacancies and ensure qualified individuals are appointed to public service roles.
2. Where can I find information about the Assam PSC exam syllabus and exam pattern?
- You can typically find detailed information about the Assam PSC exam syllabus and exam pattern in the official recruitment notification issued by APSC. These notifications are usually available on the APSC’s official website and in leading newspapers.
3. What are the common subjects included in the Assam PSC exam syllabus?
- Common subjects often include General Studies, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Assam-specific knowledge, and optional subjects (if applicable).
4. How are marks distributed across different sections in the Assam PSC exam?
- The marks distribution can vary depending on the specific exam and position. However, General Studies often carries a significant weightage, while other sections may have varying weightages.
5. Is there negative marking in Assam PSC exams?
- The presence or absence of negative marking can vary from one Assam PSC exam to another. Always check the official recruitment notification for the specific exam you are interested in to determine the marking scheme.
6. What is the typical exam pattern for Assam PSC exams?
- The typical exam pattern includes a preliminary examination (if applicable), a main examination, an interview (viva voce), document verification, and, in some cases, a language proficiency test or optional subject papers.
7. Are there any recommended books or study materials for Assam PSC exam preparation?
- Yes, there are several recommended books and study materials available for Assam PSC exam preparation. These materials cover subjects such as General Studies, English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Assam-specific knowledge. Refer to the official syllabus for specific subject-related books.
8. How can I stay updated about Assam PSC recruitment exams and notifications?
- To stay updated, regularly check the official website of APSC, subscribe to their notification alerts, and follow reputable job portals and news sources. Enrolling in coaching classes or online courses can also help you stay informed and prepare effectively.
Please keep in mind that the specific details, including eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus, may vary from one Assam PSC exam to another. Always refer to the official recruitment notification for the most accurate and up-to-date information related to the specific Assam PSC exam you plan to take.
|SSC Exam Syllabus 2022
|BSSC Syllabus 2022
|SSC Syllabus 2022
|HSSC Canal Patwari Syllabus 2022
|UPSSSC Exam Syllabus 2022
|JSSC Syllabus 2022
|WBSSC Asst Teacher Syllabus 2022
|OSSSC Syllabus 2022