RRB Clerk Typist Exam Syllabus 2023: Candidates who are preparing for RRB Clerk Typist Exam 2023 can find the Detailed wise Syllabus for this Government Exam 2023 in PDF format from this article. We also include the Detailed Examination Pattern of 2023. Hence, aspirants across India who hope to prepare for RRB Clerk Typist Exam 2023 can find the RRB Clerk Typist Sarkari Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF Syllabus in this article.
Bookmark this article (CTRL+D) so that you can check whenever RRB Clerk Typist Syllabus 2023 is provided.
RRB Clerk Typist Exam Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the RRB Clerk Typist exam typically covers various subjects related to clerical and typing skills. Below is a general outline of the syllabus based on previous patterns:
- General Awareness:
- Current Affairs
- Indian History, Geography, Economy
- General Science
- Indian Polity
- Important National and International Events
- Numerical Ability:
- Number Systems
- Decimal and Fractions
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Data Interpretation
- General Intelligence:
- Similarities and Differences
- Spatial Visualization
- Spatial Orientation
- Coding and Decoding
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure Classification
- English Language:
- Sentence Structure
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Computer Knowledge:
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Operating Systems
- Computer Hardware
- Typing Skills:
- This section might include a typing test to assess candidates’ typing speed and accuracy.
Remember that the specific syllabus might vary based on the RRB and the position you are applying for. It’s recommended to refer to the official RRB exam notification and syllabus for the year 2023 for accurate and updated details.
RRB Clerk Typist Exam Pattern 2023
I can provide you with a general overview of the exam pattern based on previous patterns. Please note that the pattern might have changed since then, so it’s important to verify information from official sources for the most accurate and up-to-date details.
RRB Clerk Typist Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for the RRB Clerk Typist exam generally consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and a typing test. Here is a typical pattern based on previous years:
- Written Examination:
- The written examination is conducted in multiple stages (Preliminary and Main), if applicable, depending on the RRB and the specific position.
- The exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- The subjects usually include General Awareness, Numerical Ability, General Intelligence, English Language, and Computer Knowledge.
- The number of questions, marks, and time duration can vary based on the RRB and the specific exam.
- Typing Test:
- For the Clerk Typist position, a typing test is a crucial component.
- Candidates are required to type a certain number of words within a given time.
- Typing speed and accuracy are assessed during this test.
- Document Verification: After clearing the written exam and typing test, candidates are called for document verification.
Note: The exact exam pattern can vary among different RRBs and the positions within them. The pattern might also change over time. It’s essential to refer to the official RRB exam notification for the year 2023 to get accurate and updated information about the specific exam pattern.
RRB Clerk Typist Exam Section Wise Marks
RRB Clerk Typist Exam Section-Wise Marks Distribution:
The marks distribution for the RRB Clerk Typist exam can vary based on the RRB, the specific position, and the exam stage (Preliminary, Main, etc.). However, here’s a general idea of how the marks might be distributed among different sections:
- General Awareness: This section tests your knowledge of current affairs, general knowledge, and related topics. It might typically carry around 20 to 25 marks.
- Numerical Ability: This section assesses your mathematical skills and might carry around 20 to 25 marks.
- General Intelligence: This section tests your logical and reasoning abilities. It might also carry around 20 to 25 marks.
- English Language: This section evaluates your English language skills, including grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension. It might also carry around 20 to 25 marks.
- Computer Knowledge: This section examines your basic understanding of computers and computer applications. It might carry around 10 to 15 marks.
RRB Clerk Typist Exam Books To Be Prepared
Preparing for the RRB Clerk Typist exam requires comprehensive study materials that cover the syllabus effectively. While I don’t have access to specific books for the year 2023, I can provide you with a list of commonly recommended books for the RRB Clerk Typist exam based on previous patterns. Always choose books that are recent, updated, and from reputable publishers. Here are some categories of books to consider:
1. General Awareness:
- “Lucent’s General Knowledge” by Dr. Binay Karna, Manwendra Mukul, and R.P. Suman
- Newspapers, current affairs magazines, and online resources for staying updated with current events.
2. Numerical Ability:
- “Fast Track Objective Arithmetic” by Rajesh Verma
- “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by R.S. Aggarwal
3. General Intelligence:
- “A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Test of Reasoning” by Edgar Thorpe
4. English Language:
- “Objective General English” by S.P. Bakshi
- “Word Power Made Easy” by Norman Lewis
5. Computer Knowledge:
- “Computer Awareness” by Arihant Publications
- Refer to basic computer textbooks that cover fundamental concepts and applications.
RRB Clerk Typist Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQs
Certainly, here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to the RRB Clerk Typist exam syllabus and exam pattern:
1. What is the RRB Clerk Typist exam? The RRB Clerk Typist exam is a recruitment examination conducted by various Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) to select candidates for clerical positions within the railways. It tests candidates’ abilities in areas like general awareness, numerical ability, reasoning, typing skills, and more.
2. Where can I find the official RRB Clerk Typist exam syllabus and pattern? You can find the official RRB Clerk Typist exam syllabus and pattern in the official recruitment notification released by the respective RRB. This notification is usually available on the official RRB website.
3. How is the RRB Clerk Typist exam syllabus structured? The syllabus typically includes subjects like General Awareness, Numerical Ability, General Intelligence, English Language, and Computer Knowledge. There might also be a typing test to assess typing speed and accuracy.
4. What is the exam pattern for the RRB Clerk Typist exam? The exam pattern generally consists of a written examination followed by a typing test.
- Written Examination: This can include multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from various subjects.
- Typing Test: Candidates need to type a certain number of words within a specified time to assess typing skills.
5. Is there negative marking in the RRB Clerk Typist exam? Yes, there is usually negative marking for incorrect answers in the written examination. A fraction of marks might be deducted for each wrong answer.
6. What should I study for the typing test? For the typing test, practice typing on a computer keyboard to improve your typing speed and accuracy. Use online typing tutors or software to enhance your skills.
7. How can I prepare for the RRB Clerk Typist exam?
- Study the syllabus thoroughly.
- Use recommended books for each subject.
- Solve previous year papers and mock tests to understand the exam pattern and practice time management.
- Focus on improving typing speed and accuracy for the typing test.
8. Is there any sectional cutoff in the exam? RRBs might set sectional cutoffs for each subject to shortlist candidates for the next stage of the selection process.
9. Can I use a calculator during the exam? In most cases, the use of calculators or electronic devices is not allowed during the written examination. You’ll need to rely on your mathematical skills.
10. How can I stay updated about RRB Clerk Typist exam notifications and updates? Keep checking the official RRB website regularly for recruitment notifications, updates, and official information.
Always refer to official sources, such as RRB notifications and official websites, for the most accurate and updated information regarding the RRB Clerk Typist exam syllabus and pattern.
|SSC Exam Syllabus 2022|
|BSSC Syllabus 2022||SSC Syllabus 2022|
|HSSC Canal Patwari Syllabus 2022||UPSSSC Exam Syllabus 2022|
|JSSC Syllabus 2022||WBSSC Asst Teacher Syllabus 2022|
|OSSSC Syllabus 2022|