UP TGT PGT Exam Syllabus 2023: Candidates who are preparing for UP TGT PGT Exam 2023 can find the Detailed wise Syllabus for this Government Exam 2023 in PDF format from this article. We also include the Detailed Examination Pattern of 2023. Hence, aspirants across India who hope to prepare for UP TGT PGT Exam 2023 can find the UP TGT PGT Sarkari Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF Syllabus in this article.
Bookmark this article (CTRL+D) so that you can check whenever UP TGT PGT Syllabus 2023 is provided.
UP TGT PGT Exam Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the UP TGT PGT exam includes the following subjects:
- General Knowledge: History, Geography, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Current Affairs, etc.
- Numerical Ability: Simplification, Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, etc.
- Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Analogies, Similarities, Differences, etc.
- General Hindi: Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension, etc.
- General English: Vocabulary, Grammar, Comprehension, etc.
- Teaching Aptitude: Teaching skills, Methods and Techniques of teaching, etc.
- Concerned Subject: Questions related to the chosen subject of the candidate.
UP TGT PGT Exam Pattern 2023
The pattern for the UP TGT PGT exam is as follows:
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The question paper will consist of multiple-choice questions.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
- The total marks for the exam will be 500.
UP TGT PGT Exam Section Wise Marks
The section-wise marks for the UP TGT PGT exam are as follows:
- General Knowledge: 85 marks
- Numerical Ability: 15 marks
- Reasoning: 15 marks
- General Hindi: 85 marks
- General English: 85 marks
- Teaching Aptitude: 20 marks
- Concerned Subject: 195 marks
UP TGT PGT Exam Books To Be Prepared
- General Knowledge: Lucent’s General Knowledge, Manorama Yearbook, and Pratiyogita Darpan.
- Numerical Ability: Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal, Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma, and Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic.
- Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal, Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey, and Arihant’s Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- General Hindi: Samanya Hindi by Arihant Publications, Saral Hindi Vyakaran by Dr. Narendra Awasthi, and Samanya Hindi by Unique Publication.
- General English: Objective General English by SP Bakshi, Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, and English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin.
- Teaching Aptitude: Arihant’s Teaching Aptitude and UGC NET/JRF/SLET Teaching and Research Aptitude by Dr. KVS Madaan.
- Concerned Subject: Candidates can refer to the textbooks and reference books of their respective subjects.
UP TGT PGT Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQs
- What is the educational qualification required for the UP TGT PGT exam?
Ans: The educational qualification required for the UP TGT PGT exam varies depending on the post. However, generally, a candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university or institute.
- What is the age limit for the UP TGT PGT exam?
Ans: The age limit is between 21 to 40 years. However, age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories as per government rules.