PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2022 is a National Central Government Mission for Financial Inclusion of the Poor. Under this PMJDY, all people from economically weaker sections can open a Jan Dhan Yojana account with zero balance in banks (savings and deposit accounts). This account will provide them with various yojana benefits directly to their account, such as remittances, credit, insurance, and pension. For this, applicants can check the yojana rules and download the pradhan mantri jan dhan yojana form from pmjdy.gov.in
People can easily open a jan dhan account at any bank branch or trade correspondent (mitr bank). If a person does not have the officially valid documents, he can open a small account subject to the rules of jan dhan yojana. Besides, people can also avail jan dhan yojana loan from any bank.
Individuals can enjoy all the benefits of jan dhan yojana by downloading the pdf application form and opening an account. In these accounts there is also Rupay card service, Kisan credit card (if eligible) and overdraft (after 6 months of account opening and successful operation).
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Form – Account Opening
Anyone interested in opening their personal savings account can download this application form. The PM Jan Dhan Yojna form should be duly completed and submitted with the necessary documents. In case the officially valid documents are not present, the poor can open their small account. To download the application form in pdf format, please click on the link below:-
PM Jan Dhan Yojana Form (PDF) – English
PM Jan Dhan Yojana Form (PDF) – Hindi
List of Documents to Open Jan Dhan Yojana Account
If Aadhaar card/Aadhaar number or proof of Aadhar possession is available, no other documents are required. If the address has changed, a self-certification of the current address is sufficient. If Aadhaar Card is not available, one of the following Officially Valid Documents (OVD) is required. All documents listed below are officially valid documents. Applicants can submit any of these documents along with their recent photographs and completed application form to open a PMJDY account.
OVD Documents for Opening Jan Dhan Yojana Account –
|Passport||Driving Licence (DL)|
|MNREGA Job Card||Voter Id Card|
If these documents also contain your address, they can be used as “proof of identity and address”. If a person does not have any of the “officially valid documents” mentioned above, but is classified as “low risk” by banks, then they can open a bank account at a bank branch by presenting one of the following documents:
- Identity Card with applicant’s photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions;
- Letter issued by a gazette officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana New Rules
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is the National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely basic savings and deposit accounts, remittances, credit, insurance, pensions in an affordable way. Under this plan, people who do not have another account can open a Basic Savings Bank (BSBD) deposit account at any bank branch or commercial correspondent outlet (Banco Mitra). There are some special benefits under the PMJDY scheme which are as follows:-
- One basic savings bank account is opened for unbanked person.
- There is no requirement to maintain any minimum balance in PMJDY accounts.
- Interest is earned on the deposit in PMJDY accounts.
- Rupay Debit card is provided to PMJDY account holder.
- Accident Insurance Cover of Rs.1 lakh (enhanced to Rs. 2 lakh to new PMJDY accounts opened after 28.8.2018) is available with RuPay card issued to the PMJDY account holders.
- An overdraft (OD) facility up to Rs. 10,000 to eligible account holders is available.
- PMJDY accounts are eligible for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pension Yojana (APY), Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Bank (MUDRA) scheme.
Extension of PMJDY Program
The Government has decided to extend the comprehensive PMJDY program beyond 28.8.2018 with the change in focus on opening accounts from “every household” to “every adult”, with following modification:
- Existing Over Draft (OD) limit of Rs. 5,000 revised to Rs. 10,000.
- No conditions attached for active PMJDY accounts availing OD upto Rs. 2,000.
- Age limit for availing OD facility revised from 18-60 years to 18-65 years.
- The accidental insurance cover for new RuPay card holders raised from existing Rs.1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh to new PMJDY accounts opened after 28.8.2018.
Progress Report of PMJDY Scheme
|Bank Name / Type||Total Beneficiaries||Deposits in Accounts (in Crore)||Number of Rupay Debit Card Issued to Beneficiaries|
|Public Sector Banks||34.48||113890.92||27.14|
|Regional Rural Banks||7.94||27967.51||3.38|
|Private Sector Banks||1.27||4373.93||1.11|
Beneficiaries as on 20 October 2021. Disclaimer: Information is based upon the data as submitted by different banks
Jan Dhan 2 Scheme – PM Jan Dhan Yojana Open Ended with More Incentives
Central Govt. has decided to make Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana an Open Ended Scheme. Under this Jan Dhan 2 Scheme, govt. has now added more number of incentives in order to encourage poor people to open zero balance bank accounts. PM Jan Dhan Yojana scheme was launched in August 2014 for 4 years which is later extended. 1st phase of PMJDY scheme was completely focused on opening basic bank accounts. People also got RuPay debit cards with inbuilt accident insurance cover of Rs. 100,000.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana is the biggest financial inclusion scheme in the entire World. Now the govt. wants to make scheme more open ended with more incentives keeping in view of its “runaway success”. So, central govt. has decided to launch Jan Dhan 2 Scheme. Now the over-draft limit for account holders has now been doubled to Rs. 10,000.
Jan Dhan 2 Scheme – PMJDY is Now Open Ended with More Incentives
The important features which have been included in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana are as follows:-
- Accidental Insurance Now Rs. 2 Lakh – All the people who opens new Jan Dhan Bank Accounts after 28 August 2018 will now get Free Accident Insurance Cover of double amount of Rs. 2 lakh.
- Over-draft Limit Now Rs. 10,000 – Now there would be no conditions attached for overdraft of upto Rs. 2,000. Now the maximum limit for over-draft is set at Rs. 10,000 (previously Rs. 5,000). IN PMJDY, this facility is available after 6 months of opening bank accounts. Over-Draft facility means that the account holder can withdraw money from his account which is more than the actual balance present in bank account.
- Upper Age Limit now 65 Years – Also the upper age limit to avail the Jan Dhan Yojana facility is now raised from 60 years to 65 years.
- PM Jan Dhan Yojana Insurance Cover Age Limit Overdraft Increased
- There are around 43.70 crore Jan Dhan Account holders and total deposit balance has now reached to Rs. 1,46,232.36 crore (as on 20 October 2021).
- Now the Central govt. has decided to continue the flagship PM Jan Dhan Yojana financial inclusion scheme. PMJDY will now focus on opening account from every household to every adult.
Jandhan-Aadhaar-Mobile (JAM) linking will continue to provide the essential backbone to cover various activities. This includes Banking / Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.
This decision to make Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana an open ended scheme will accelerate the pace of digitised financially included and insured society. In Jan Dhan 2 Scheme, overdraft is raised to Rs. 10,000, Upper Age limit is now 65 years and accidental insurance now Rs. 2 lakh.
Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme for Jan Dhan Account Holders PDF
Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme launched for Jan Dhan Account Holders. All Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana accounts opened after 28-08-2018 will attract accidental Insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakh per annum. Under Rupay Scheme, each PM Jan Dhan Yojana account is offering accidental insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh if opened before 28 August 2018. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the new Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme.
Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme Details
The insurance cover under the new Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme would be provided free of cost, i.e. there is no need to pay any premium to avail the scheme benefits. You just need to have a saving bank account opened under the Jan Dhan Yojana which can be opened in any Bank Branch or CSP Outlets. PMJDY is a National Mission on Financial Inclusion. The plan envisages universal access to banking facilities with at least one basic banking account for ‘every adult’, financial literacy, access to credit, insurance and pension facility.
Objectives of Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme
The main objective of the new insurance scheme for Jan Dhan Account holders is to push the social security net for the poor. Till 6 August 2021, there are about 42.83 Crore Jan Dhan account holders in the country who will be benefited by the insurance scheme. Out of the 42.83 crore, around 31.12 crore accounts have been seeded with the Aadhar number of the account holder and rest will be seeded soon to ensure that the welfare payments reach the right beneficiaries in time.
Premium Amount for Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme
The central government would bear the cost of premium to be paid to the insurance companies under Rs. 2 Lakh Insurance Cover Scheme. The new insurance scheme is now being implemented and cover is provided by the insurance companies to all Jan Dhan account holders
Three social security schemes are already been running named Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Atal Pension Yojana (APY) which were launched in 2014. The premium amount under the PMJJBY is just Rs. 330 per year while the 2 lakh accidental cover is available at a premium of just Rs. 12 per year under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
Special Benefits under PMJDY Scheme
- Interest on deposit.
- Accidental Insurance cover of Rs. 1 Lac under Rupay Scheme and for accounts opened after 28-08-2018 accidental Insurance Cover is of Rs. 2 lakh.
- No minimum balance required.
- The scheme provide life cover of Rs. 30,000/- payable on death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfillment of the eligibility condition i.e. accounts opened between 15.08.2014 – 31.01.2015.
- Easy Transfer of money across India
- Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- After operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- Access to Pension, insurance products.
- The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under PMJDY shall be payable if the Rupay Card holder have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial customer induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM etc.
- Overdraft facility upto Rs. 10000/- is available in only one account per household, preferably lady of the household subject to eligibility and Overdraft for Rs. 2000/- is hassle free