AP ICET Exam Syllabus & Pattern 2023: Andhra University, Visakhapatnam Syllabus or AP ICET Syllabus 2023 includes the topics from which the questions will be taken. By learning about the AP ICET 2023 curriculum, candidates will learn the specific topics to get a good score. As foreseen by the authorities, the APICET questionnaire will consist of three sections, which are analytical capacity, mathematical capacity and communication capacity.
Therefore, candidates who wish to gain admission for MBA and MCA courses in Andhra Pradesh must qualify for the ICET exam. Candidates will be admitted based on their ICET ranking, which will be decided based on their score on the AP ICET 2023 exam.
Correction of AP ICET 2023 Applications started on 11th July 2023. Every year the official authorities of Shri Venkateshwara Tirupati University will organize the AP ICET 2023 Entrance Examination. The ICET AP is commonly known as the Integrated Common Entrance Test from Andhra Pradesh. Shri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati will take responsibility for organizing the ICET 2023 AP Entrance Examination for deserving candidates on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Board of Higher Education.
Subject wise distribution of all the questions
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Section A – Analytical Ability|
|Data sufficiency||20 questions||20 marks|
|Problem Solving||55 questions||55 marks|
|Section B – Mathematical Ability|
|Arithmetical Ability||35 questions||35 marks|
|Algebraical and Geometrical Ability||30 questions||30 marks|
|Statistical Ability||10 questions||10 marks|
|Section C – Communication Ability|
|Vocabulary||10 questions||10 marks|
|Business and Computer Terminology||10 questions||10 marks|
|Functional Grammar||15 questions||15 marks|
|Reading Comprehension||15 questions||15 marks|
|Total||200 questions||200 marks|
AP ICET 2023 Exam Syllabus
In the below section the applicants will be able to get the basic information about the AP ICET 2023 Exam Syllabus for the preparation of the entrance exam.
- Analytical Ability
- Data analysis
- Sequence and Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Date and Time problem
- Mathematical Ability
- Profit and Loss
- Work and Time
- Ratio and Proportions
- Surds and Indices
- Profit and Loss
- Statements and Truths
- Communication Ability
- English language
- English grammar
AP ICET Exam Section Wise Marks
The AP ICET exam typically consists of two sections:
1. Analytical Ability: This section measures your ability to analyze and solve complex problems. It is further divided into two parts:
- Data Sufficiency: In this part, questions are designed to test your ability to determine whether the data provided is sufficient to answer a given question.
- Problem Solving: This part assesses your problem-solving skills through various mathematical and logical problems.
- Each part of the Analytical Ability section may have a different number of questions and, consequently, different marks allocation.
2. Mathematical Ability: This section assesses your proficiency in various mathematical concepts. It covers topics such as:
- Arithmetical Ability: Questions related to arithmetic, including percentages, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, and other related topics.
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability: Questions on algebra and geometry concepts.
- Statistical Ability: Questions on statistical concepts.
The exact marks allocation for each section and subsection can change from one year to another. Therefore, I recommend visiting the official AP ICET website or checking the latest exam notification for the most accurate and current information regarding the section-wise marks distribution for the AP ICET exam in 2023.
Additionally, practicing with previous years’ question papers and sample papers specific to AP ICET can help you become familiar with the exam pattern and marking scheme.
AP ICET Exam Books To Be Prepared
To prepare effectively for the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET), you’ll need the right study materials and books to cover the relevant topics. AP ICET primarily assesses your analytical and mathematical abilities. Here are some recommended books and study materials for AP ICET preparation:
1. Analytical Ability:
- “A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Analytical Reasoning” by M.K. Pandey
- “Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning” by Arun Sharma
2. Mathematical Ability:
- “Quantitative Aptitude” by R.S. Aggarwal
- “Fast Track Objective Arithmetic” by Rajesh Verma
- “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by Abhijit Guha
3. Arithmetical Ability:
- “Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations” by R.S. Aggarwal
- Any good book on basic arithmetic concepts and formulas.
4. Algebraical and Geometrical Ability:
- “Quantitative Aptitude” by R.S. Aggarwal (covers algebra and geometry)
- NCERT textbooks for relevant algebra and geometry concepts.
5. Statistical Ability:
- “Statistical Methods” by S.P. Gupta
- “Statistics” by R.D. Sharma
6. AP ICET Previous Year Question Papers: Solving previous years’ question papers and sample papers specific to AP ICET is essential. It helps you become familiar with the exam pattern and the types of questions asked.
7. AP ICET Preparation Guides: Look for AP ICET-specific preparation guides or study materials available in the market. These guides are designed to cover the syllabus comprehensively.
Additionally, you may want to consider enrolling in coaching classes or using online courses and practice tests, as they often provide structured study plans and access to mock exams that can help you assess your progress.
Remember to check the latest syllabus and exam pattern provided by the official AP ICET website or the exam notification, as these may change over time. Focusing your preparation on the specific topics and concepts outlined in the official syllabus will be key to your success in the AP ICET exam.
AP ICET Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET) exam syllabus and exam pattern:
1. What is the AP ICET exam, and why is it conducted?
- AP ICET is the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test conducted for admission into MBA and MCA courses in colleges and universities in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It assesses candidates’ knowledge and skills in analytical and mathematical abilities.
2. Where can I find information about the AP ICET exam syllabus and exam pattern?
- You can find detailed information about the AP ICET exam syllabus and exam pattern in the official AP ICET notification. The notification is typically available on the official AP ICET website and may also be published in leading newspapers.
3. What are the sections included in the AP ICET exam syllabus?
- The AP ICET syllabus typically includes two sections: Analytical Ability and Mathematical Ability. These sections assess candidates’ logical and mathematical skills.
4. What is the format of the AP ICET exam?
- The AP ICET exam is typically conducted in a computer-based test (CBT) format. It consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
5. How are marks distributed across different sections in the AP ICET exam?
- Marks distribution can vary, but the exam generally consists of 200 questions carrying one mark each. The distribution between the Analytical Ability and Mathematical Ability sections may not be equal, and the exact marks allocation can change from year to year.
6. Is there negative marking in the AP ICET exam?
- As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there was no negative marking in the AP ICET exam. However, it’s essential to verify this information in the latest exam notification, as policies may change.
7. Are there any recommended books or study materials for AP ICET exam preparation?
- Yes, there are several recommended books and study materials available for AP ICET preparation. These materials cover topics in analytical and mathematical abilities. Refer to AP ICET-specific preparation guides and books for best results.
8. How can I stay updated about AP ICET exam notifications and updates?
- To stay updated, regularly check the official AP ICET website, subscribe to their notification alerts, and follow reputable educational websites and news sources. Additionally, consider enrolling in coaching classes or online courses for comprehensive preparation.
Remember to review the official AP ICET notification for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the syllabus, exam pattern, and any changes in policies or procedures for the AP ICET exam.